5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
No Result
View All Result
Home Stock

Bersamin denies link to ‘ES’ entries in Cabral files

by
December 28, 2025
in Stock
0
Bersamin denies link to ‘ES’ entries in Cabral files
LUCAS P. BERSAMIN

FORMER EXECUTIVE Secretary Lucas P. Bersamin on Sunday said he was “aghast and outraged” as he denied claims suggesting entries marked “ES” found in the Cabral files referred to him.

In a statement, Mr. Bersamin also refuted reports that P8.3 billion worth of Public Works projects had been allocated to him, saying he did not request, endorse, approve, or authorize any project or budget allocation at any point in the budget process.

“I also deny having instructed anyone, whether inside or outside of the government, to use my name or that of my former office for any such purpose,” he said.

His statement followed Senate President Pro Tempore Panfilo “Ping” M. Lacson’s radio interview on Saturday, which alleged that at least five Marcos Cabinet members had billions of pesos in allocable funds in the 2025 budget.

Mr. Lacson added that he was surprised to see an entry labeled “ES,” commonly referring to the Executive Secretary, then Mr. Bersamin. The names appeared in documents obtained from a lawyer for the late Public Works Undersecretary Maria Catalina E. Cabral, who died on Dec. 18 in Benguet.

According to Mr. Bersamin, the controversy raises serious questions about the integrity of the budget process within the Department of Public Works and Highways. He urged authorities to thoroughly scrutinize the so-called “Cabral Files” to identify those responsible for alleged budget manipulation.

“This matter strikes directly at the integrity of the national budget itself and must be fully investigated without delay,” he said, calling on all investigative bodies to place the issue at the top of their agenda.

Mr. Bersamin said he is willing to cooperate fully with any legislative, administrative, or judicial investigation into the matter.

Malacañang earlier said Mr. Bersamin stepped down from the Cabinet in November out of delicadeza amid controversies involving flood control projects.

Presidential Spokesperson Claire A. Castro said that the investigation should continue to identify those responsible if any Cabinet members are involved and there is sufficient evidence.

“Whoever among the Cabinet members is involved and there is evidence, the investigation should continue to identify the real culprits,” Ms. Castro said.

She said that, according to President Ferdinand R. Marcos, Jr., anyone found truly implicated must be held accountable, and that it is now in the hands of investigating bodies such as the Ombudsman or the Department of Justice.

“Anyone with sufficient evidence can submit it to the Independent Commission for Infrastructure or directly file a case with the Ombudsman or the DoJ (Department of Justice),” she added. — Erika Mae P. Sinaking

Previous Post

LPA may form in first week of Jan.

Next Post

Senator pushes for heightened vigilance over 2026 budget use

Next Post
Senator pushes for heightened vigilance over 2026 budget use

Senator pushes for heightened vigilance over 2026 budget use

Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.







    Fill Out & Get More Relevant News





    Stay ahead of the market and unlock exclusive trading insights & timely news. We value your privacy - your information is secure, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Gain an edge with hand-picked trading opportunities, stay informed with market-moving updates, and learn from expert tips & strategies.
    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recommended

    OFW remittances hit record $35.6B

    OFW remittances hit record $35.6B

    February 16, 2026
    February cut may mark end of BSP’s easing cycle

    February cut may mark end of BSP’s easing cycle

    February 16, 2026
    Analysts warn removing VAT exemptions for senior citizens will be ‘socially harmful’

    Analysts warn removing VAT exemptions for senior citizens will be ‘socially harmful’

    February 16, 2026
    Philippines, US seal $4.2-M deals to expand civil nuclear cooperation

    Philippines, US seal $4.2-M deals to expand civil nuclear cooperation

    February 16, 2026

    Disclaimer: 5GInvestmentNews.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice.
    The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2024 5GInvestmentNews. All Rights Reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • suspicious engagement
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Thank you

    © 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.