5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
No Result
View All Result
Home Stock

DFA condemns Chinese Embassy’s job-loss threat

by
February 17, 2026
in Stock
0
DFA condemns Chinese Embassy’s job-loss threat
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS FACEBOOK PAGE

THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Monday condemned remarks by the Chinese Embassy in Manila suggesting that Filipino job losses could result from an escalating diplomatic spat, warning that such statements risk further straining bilateral ties.

“We take strong exception to the embassy’s tone, which appears to imply that such cooperation could be withheld as a form of leverage or retaliation,” the DFA said in a statement issued late on Monday.

The rebuke marks the latest development in a war of words between officials from Beijing and Manila, after the Chinese Embassy released several statements criticizing Philippine officials for their vocal stance on the South China Sea dispute.

Some of the embassy’s statements directly named individual officials, prompting Philippine authorities to say the messaging crossed diplomatic norms.

“The DFA values cooperation with all states across economic, cultural, and other domains, as it delivers clear benefits to the Philippines and its people,” the agency said.

It added that the embassy’s remarks could be perceived as coercive and undermine constructive bilateral dialogue.

“The DFA once again urges the Chinese Embassy to adopt a responsible and measured tone in public exchanges,” it said.

Last week, Chinese Embassy spokesman Ji Lingpeng warned that proposals by Philippine lawmakers to declare certain Chinese diplomats persona non grata could affect diplomatic relations and “cost millions of jobs.”

The Philippine Senate earlier adopted Senate Resolution No. 256 condemning the Chinese Embassy for what it described as aggressive statements against Philippine officials and uniformed personnel over their position on the South China Sea.

The DFA said it remains committed to using diplomatic channels to stabilize and advance ties between Manila and Beijing despite recent tensions.

The South China Sea remains one of the region’s most volatile flashpoints. China has expanded its presence in the disputed waters despite a 2016 ruling by a United Nations-backed arbitral tribunal that voided its sweeping claims.

The dispute involves overlapping claims by the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia and Taiwan. — Adrian H. Halili

Previous Post

PHL labor groups dispute ILO findings on riders’ earnings

Next Post

Manila, Washington to expand missile deployments following strategic talks

Next Post
Manila, Washington to expand missile deployments following strategic talks

Manila, Washington to expand missile deployments following strategic talks

Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.







    Fill Out & Get More Relevant News





    Stay ahead of the market and unlock exclusive trading insights & timely news. We value your privacy - your information is secure, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Gain an edge with hand-picked trading opportunities, stay informed with market-moving updates, and learn from expert tips & strategies.
    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recommended

    Financial system resources hit P36.9T in 2025

    Financial system resources hit P36.9T in 2025

    February 17, 2026
    BSP fine-tunes monetary operations

    BSP fine-tunes monetary operations

    February 17, 2026
    SBMA reviews Cerberus’ unsolicited proposal for Subic airport development

    SBMA reviews Cerberus’ unsolicited proposal for Subic airport development

    February 17, 2026
    DA to set up Philippines’ first agri-insurance pool

    DA to set up Philippines’ first agri-insurance pool

    February 17, 2026

    Disclaimer: 5GInvestmentNews.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice.
    The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2024 5GInvestmentNews. All Rights Reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • suspicious engagement
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Thank you

    © 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.