5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
  • Top News
  • Economy
  • Forex
  • Investing
  • Stock
  • Editor’s Pick
No Result
View All Result
5G Investment News
No Result
View All Result
Home Stock

First Gen Corp. expects to close P75-B Prime Infra deal this year

by
February 19, 2026
in Stock
0
First Gen Corp. expects to close P75-B Prime Infra deal this year
THE UPPER WAWA DAM — PRIMEINFRA.PH

LOPEZ-LED power producer First Gen Corp. expects to close its P75-billion acquisition deal with Razon-led Prime Infrastructure Capital, Inc. (Prime Infra) this year as it seeks approval from the competition watchdog.

“Closing of the transaction is expected to occur within the year,” First Gen said in a regulatory filing on Thursday.

After signing an initial agreement, the company said it still needs approval from the Philippine Competition Commission before completing the deal.

Once regulatory approval and other conditions are met, the company’s subsidiaries will execute the required documentation for the transfer of the underlying shares.

First Gen is set to acquire a 40% equity interest in Prime Infra’s pumped storage hydropower portfolio for P75 billion.

The transaction covers Prime Infra’s 600-megawatt (MW) Wawa pumped storage hydropower project in Rizal province and the 1,400-MW Ahunan project in Laguna.

The Lopez-led firm said the pumped storage hydropower facilities will complement its 132-MW Pantabangan-Masiway and 165-MW Casecnan hydroelectric power plants, as these are expected to provide grid stability and reliability.

“First Gen’s investment in these projects strengthens its partnership with Prime Infra and crystallizes the shift of the company’s portfolio to renewable energy,” the company said.

First Gen is an independent power producer with a total installed capacity of 3,717 MW across natural gas, geothermal, hydropower, wind, and solar technologies.

Last year, Prime Infra acquired a 60% equity stake in First Gen’s gas assets for P50 billion.

The deal covered the 1,000-MW Santa Rita power plant, the 500-MW San Lorenzo plant, the 450-MW San Gabriel plant, the 97-MW Avion plant, and the proposed 1,200-MW Santa Maria power plant.

At the local bourse on Thursday, shares in the company fell by 4.19% to close at P18.30 apiece. — Sheldeen Joy Talavera

Previous Post

Megaworld to spend P10 billion on lifestyle malls in four provinces

Next Post

Gov’t raises P235B in new money from FXTNs

Next Post

Gov’t raises P235B in new money from FXTNs

Enter Your Information Below To Receive Free Trading Ideas, Latest News And Articles.







    Fill Out & Get More Relevant News





    Stay ahead of the market and unlock exclusive trading insights & timely news. We value your privacy - your information is secure, and you can unsubscribe anytime. Gain an edge with hand-picked trading opportunities, stay informed with market-moving updates, and learn from expert tips & strategies.
    Your information is secure and your privacy is protected. By opting in you agree to receive emails from us. Remember that you can opt-out any time, we hate spam too!

    Recommended

    BSP cuts key rate amid growth slump

    BSP cuts key rate amid growth slump

    February 19, 2026

    Philippines’ BoP deficit sharply narrows in January

    February 19, 2026
    DoF to review OECD call to phase out VAT exemptions for senior citizens, private schools

    DoF to review OECD call to phase out VAT exemptions for senior citizens, private schools

    February 19, 2026

    Gov’t raises P235B in new money from FXTNs

    February 19, 2026

    Disclaimer: 5GInvestmentNews.com, its managers, its employees, and assigns (collectively “The Company”) do not make any guarantee or warranty about what is advertised above. Information provided by this website is for research purposes only and should not be considered as personalized financial advice.
    The Company is not affiliated with, nor does it receive compensation from, any specific security. The Company is not registered or licensed by any governing body in any jurisdiction to give investing advice or provide investment recommendation. Any investments recommended here should be taken into consideration only after consulting with your investment advisor and after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2024 5GInvestmentNews. All Rights Reserved.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • suspicious engagement
    • Terms & Conditions
    • Thank you

    © 2026 JNews - Premium WordPress news & magazine theme by Jegtheme.